ECORP Consulting, Inc. Jobs Available
We are currently recruiting for the following positions at our Rocklin office:
ECORP Consulting, Inc. has an established reputation as a firm that produces high quality products and is responsive to client needs. ECORP has an excellent group of environmental professionals that delivers high-quality services in various disciplines including compliance with the Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, National Historic Preservation Act, California Environmental Quality Act, and National Environmental Policy Act; surveys and monitoring of biological and cultural resources; GIS analysis; water resources modeling and water rights; and habitat restoration design and implementation. This will be an excellent career opportunity to work as part of an outstanding consulting group for a wide variety of public and private projects.
- Analyze a variety of GIS data and prepare products for use by multi-disciplinary departments within the organization. Analyze, review and ensure accuracy of data and maps for inclusion in reports and presentations.
- Produce high quality cartographic products for reports, meetings and presentations.
- Conducting geoprocessing and GIS analysis tasks.
- Managing maps and data in ArcGIS Online, and producing web maps for ArcGIS Collector
- Develop products as a high level technical expert on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Multi-task and work within a fast paced environment
- Work within established organizational templates and data standards
- Work with project teams both inside and outside of the organization.
- Coordinate GIS functions and uses with other departments, agencies/jurisdictions, engineers, developers, and the general public; provide support to departments, agencies and the public regarding GIS and identify and resolve related concerns.
- Assist in management of data, maps, graphics and other materials as a member of a project team.
- A Bachelor’s degree in either GIS, Geography or related environmental field plus a minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience using ESRI ArcGIS to produce data and map products. Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop and Extensions. Familiarity with AutoCAD, and MS Access and office products.
- GPS experience preferred.
- Experience working with CAD data within the ArcGIS environment preferred
- Must have a good understanding of GIS best practices and standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well with teams (large or small).
- Experience with web and mobile technologies.
- Strong data management and cartographic skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
ECORP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Staff / Senior Archaeologist
ECORP Consulting, Inc. is seeking a qualified and experienced Staff or Senior Archaeologist in our Rocklin office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: conducting surveys, site recording, excavations, construction monitoring, and other fieldwork duties; conducting laboratory work, including prehistoric and historic artifact identification, cataloging, and analysis; authoring cultural resources technical reports or sections of reports; and preparing sections of cultural resources proposals and assisting with the preparation of multidisciplinary proposals.
Minimum requirements include: a master’s degree in anthropology or a closely-related field; at least 8 to 10 years of experience that includes a comparable level of responsibility and experience in California; demonstrated working knowledge of Section 106 NHPA and CEQA; a proven ability to author sections of cultural resource management reports; ability to be on time and on budget; excellent problem solving skills, particularly in complex CRM projects; ability to function effectively in a team environment but also to work independently; communicate effectively in writing and through oral presentations; and strong organizational skills and work ethic. This position requires field, lab, and office work in a variety of settings, locations, and environments. Ability to travel for short periods of fieldwork is a must.
Strong candidates exceeding these minimum requirements are encouraged to apply. Those who submit qualifications that do not meet the minimum requirements above may be considered for future temporary field crew positions.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program. If interested, please email your resume, a writing sample, and at least three references to email@example.com
Please visit our website at www.ecorpconsulting.com
ECORP is an EEO Employer.
ECORP Consulting, Inc. is seeking a qualified architectural historian for our Rocklin office. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: assisting with cultural resources projects throughout California; conducting records searches with Northern California information centers; participating in field work to record historic-age buildings and structures and prepare Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) 523 records, conduct historical and archival research at repositories throughout California to support technical studies for the built and archaeological environments; and serving as a contributing author of sections of cultural resources technical reports, such as inventory reports, Historic Resource Evaluation Reports (HRER), Historic American Building Survey (HABS) / Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) / Historic American Landscape Surveys (HALS), and other cultural resources technical reports.
Requirements include:a graduate degree from an accredited 4-year institution, or ability to show ongoing progress through an accredited graduate school program towards imminent completion of a degree, in history, public history, architectural history, American history, or other degree that meets, the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards for History or Architectural History; a proven ability to conduct research and write results of research efforts in a report (may be shown through completion of a Master’s Thesis Project or other report); ability to identify and describe historical themes and basic physical components of buildings; ability to function effectively in a team environment, but also to work independently; ability to communicate effectively in writing and through oral presentations; strong organizational skills; and work ethic.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program. If interested, please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ECORP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our website: www.ecorpconsulting.com
Looking for Talented Biologists
ECORP Consulting, Inc. is looking for skillful biologists (botanists, wetland scientists, wildlife biologists, ecologists) with a strong desire to become effective environmental consultants. We are a diverse team of biologists/project managers working on many types of projects in the Sacramento region and statewide. Please see http://www.ecorpconsulting.com/ for more information about us.
We are looking for team members that can contribute to our cooperative environment with strong communication skills, ability to multitask, technical writing skills, who can produce high quality deliverables and exhibit professionalism in interactions with coworkers, agency staff, and clients. We are looking for applicants for a range of positions, including junior-level and project-manager level positions.
In addition, we are particularly in need of applicants with one of more of the following skill sets:
- Biologists/botanists experienced in conducting plant surveys
- Trained wetland delineators, and/or wetland ecologists
- Biologists knowledgeable about vernal pool ecosystems and other Central Valley ecosystems
- Wildlife biologists (experience with local special-status species a plus)
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related area
- Junior level - One year of professional experience as a biologist (may substitute relevant graduate-level academic experience). Project management skills a plus
junior-level field oriented
positions: ability to conduct fieldwork in a variety of conditions
(e.g. extreme weather, rugged/steep terrain)If you have talent ready to
be put to work, please contact us. Full time, part time, and on-call
positions are available.
CEQA/NEPA Project Manager
ECORP Consulting, Inc. is searching for a dynamic, high energy and motivated person to fill a CEQA/NEPA Project Manager position in our Rocklin office.
We are looking for an individual with a strong working knowledge of:
- CEQA/NEPA compliance requirements for land development
- Water supply planning projects
This person will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- preparing environmental documentation for a wide variety of projects
- conducting complex analysis of data
- interacting with public and private clients and agencies on mid to large size projects (budgeting, billing, scheduling, staff oversight)
- preparing proposals
This person must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Planning or Natural Sciences or a related field with 6+ years of relevant experience. AICP certification and/or Masters' Degree a plus. Regulatory permitting and water rights experience a plus.
Senior Regulatory Project Manager :
ECORP Consulting, Inc. is searching for a qualified individual to manage and execute all phases of multidisciplinary, complex projects – from initial client contact through project implementation. The Project Manager will provide guidance on regulatory issues and work collaboratively with ECORP’s team of regulatory and technical specialists to navigate projects and clients through California’s complex regulatory environment.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in natural science field, Master’s Degree
2. Minimum of 6 years related work experience and project and task management.
3. Demonstrated ability working with regulatory agency processes, requirements and staff. Must have an understanding of the CWA Sections 404, and 401, CDFW 1602 agreements, and Sections 7 and 10 of the ESA.
4. Working knowledge of CEQA and NEPA a plus.
5. Knowledge of California biological habitats, species, and general conservation biology/ecology.
6. Experience with wetland delineations and other local flora and fauna field surveys a plus.
7. USFWS/CDFW scientific collecting permits and MOUs a plus.
8. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
1. Assist clients with navigating through state and federal
regulatory processes for their projects.
2. Lead a team of experienced and skilled technical staff and assistant project managers.
3. Prepare and oversee permit application and regulatory document preparation.
4. Peer review technical documents.
5. Prepare project scopes/proposals.
6. Prepare project schedules.
7. Ensure completion and delivery of all tasks on time and within budget.
8. Represent ECORP at project/client meetings, and communicate effectively with clients and agency staff, both in written and verbal form.
9. Mentor junior staff and provide team leadership and support.
10. Support company-wide communication of current and proposed regulatory agency processes and requirements to ensure ECORP continues to be a proactive, results-oriented firm.
Associate – Staff Level Project Manager/Biologist :
ECORP Consulting, Inc. is searching for a qualified individual to assist Senior Project Managers with complex, multi-disciplinary projects by managing individual project tasks and providing direction to support staff; completing permit application packets and regulatory documents; attending client meetings; interacting with agency staff; and conducting field surveys as needed.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in natural science field.
2. Minimum of 3 years related work experience and project and task management.
3. Demonstrated abilities to work with regulatory processes and staff. Must have an understanding of the CWA Section 404, 401, 1602, Section 7 and 10 process.
4. Experience with wetland delineations and other local flora and fauna field surveys.
5. Knowledge of California biological habitats (botanical skills), species and general conservation biology/ecology.
6. USFWS/CDFW permits and MOUs a plus.
1. Prepare permit applications and regulatory documents.
2. Review peer exhibits and documents.
3. Prepare project scopes/proposals.
4. Prepare project schedules.
5. Attend project/client meetings.
6. Mentor lower-level staff.
Archaeology Field Technicians :
ECORP Consulting, Inc is currently accepting resumes for
temporary, on-call field crew for archaeological projects in northern
California, primarily focused in the Sacramento area. Responsibilities
include pedestrian survey, site mapping and recording, excavation, and
other duties as assigned. Requirements include a Bachelor of Arts
degree in Anthropology or closely related field, successful completion
of an archaeological field school or field methods course at an
accredited university, at least 6 months of full time professional
experience, and a work history that includes projects in California.
Competitive wages are based on level of education and experience.
Environmental Planner/Project Manager :
ECORP Consulting, Inc. is searching for a dynamic, high energy and motivated person to fill our Environmental Planner/Project Manager position in our Rocklin office. We are looking for an individual with a strong working knowledge of CEQA/NEPA compliance regulations, environmental permitting, and land use. This person will be responsible for preparing environmental documentation for a wide variety of projects, conducting complex analysis of data, interacting with clients on mid-size projects (budgeting, billing, scheduling, invoicing), and preparing proposals. This person must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Planning or Natural Sciences or a related field with 5-10 years of relevant experience. Experience with transportation, infrastructure, renewable energy and resource oriented projects a plus. Salary commensurate with experience.
Staff Paleontologist/Archaeologist :
ECORP Consulting, Inc. is seeking a qualified and experienced Staff Paleontologist/Archaeologist for our Rocklin office. The ideal candidate will serve as Principal Investigator for paleontological studies and as an archaeological technician for cultural resources studies. This is a dual role requiring solid skills with both paleontology and archaeology background.
For paleontological duties, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to: research, literature reviews, fossil locality searches, sensitivity assessments, field surveys, excavations, field and construction monitoring, laboratory processing fossil preparation, data analysis, technical report writing, and contributing to CEQA documents for projects throughout California. The successful candidate will also serve as a field, lab, and office technician for archaeological projects in Northern California, which include the following duties: serving as a member of an archaeological survey team; carrying out field and laboratory work and compiling data; preparing site records, portions of technical reports, or assisting in map preparation; and other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications include: a master’s degree in paleontology, geology, evolutionary biology, or closely related field; at least three years of experience as a principal investigator in paleontology; at least three years of experience as an archaeological field/lab technician; ability to travel; familiarity with cultural resources and paleontological resources laws and regulations; good verbal and written communication skills; ability to function effectively in a team environment but also to work independently; and excellent work ethic. Any candidate with a combination of skills in both paleontology and archaeology is encouraged to apply.
ECORP offers excellent benefits, medical, dental, vision, FSA’s, 401(k) with employer discretionary match, life insurance, long term disability and other benefits in addition to a competitive salary, and a team-oriented atmosphere. Qualified applicants are encouraged to send resume to email@example.com.
ECORP Consulting Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer